Trademarks Licensing in Turkmenistan
Recordal of the Trademark License Agreement with PTO is mandatory.
The following information and documents are required for Recordal of License:
- Three notary certified copies of the agreement signed and sealed by the Parties (legalization or apostille is not required);
- The list of trademarks to be licensed, which shall be certified by the signatures and seals of the licensor and the licensee;
- Power of Attorney from both Licensor and Licensee duly signed and sealed with a company stamp;
- Payment of relevant official fees.
The following information should be mentioned in a trademark license agreement:
- Full details on the trademark or trademarks that are the subject of the agreement;
- The name and address of the Licensor and Licensee;
- Scope of right (full; exclusive; non-exclusive);
- Period of validity and terms of termination;
- Terms of resolution of disputes;
- Provision on force major circumstances;
- The specific trademark right or rights to be licensed, including the geographic territory in which the marks are being licensed;
- The provision on nature and quality of the goods and/or services with which the licensee may use the trademark, also known as a “quality control provision,” is mandatory;
- The royalty amount and terms of payment
The regular time frame of recordal of license is 3 months.