Trademarks Licensing in Uzbekistan
Recordal of the Trademark License Agreement with PTO is mandatory.
The following information and documents are required for Recordal of License:
- Three original License Agreements signed and sealed by the parties. If the companies do not use stamp, notarization is required;
- Power of Attorney from both the Licensor and the Licensee duly signed and sealed with a company stamp, otherwise it must be notarized;
- Payment of relevant official fees.
The following information should be mentioned in a trademark license agreement:
- Full details about the trademark or trademarks that are the subject of the agreement,
- The name and address of the Licensor and Licensee,
- The specific trademark right or rights to be licensed, including the geographic territory in which the marks are being licensed,
- The scope of rights;
- Terms of validity of the License Agreement;
- The provision on nature and quality of the goods and/or services with which the licensee may use the trademark, also known as a “quality control provision,” is mandatory;
- Royalty – It is mandatory that the royalty amount and terms of payment are mentioned explicitly or the License Agreement must contain a provision that there is separate agreement about this concluded by the parties.
The regular time frame of recordal of license is 15-20 business days.