Trademarks Licensing in Kyrgyzstan
Recordal of the Trademark License Agreement with PTO is mandatory.
The following information and documents are required for Trademark Recordal of License:
- Three originals of the License Agreement;
- Original POA from the Licensor (Trademark holder) and Licensee.
- Copies of all pages of the trademark certificate;
- Payment of relevant official fees.
The following information should be mentioned in a trademark license agreement:
- Identification of the trademark or trademarks that are the subject of the agreement,
- The name of the licensor and licensee,
- The specific trademark right or rights to be licensed, including the geographic territory in which the marks are being licensed,
- The agreement should be signed by both parties and certified by the companies’ stamps;
- The provision related to nature and quality of the goods and/or services with which the licensee may use the trademark, also known as a “quality control provision,” is not obligatory;
- Royalty – It is not obligatory that the royalty amount is stated explicitly in the license. If need be, you can opt for a flat fee or a percentage of the sales depending upon the mutual agreement.
The regular timeframe of registration of License Agreement is 2-3 months.